The best WYSIWYG
Java text editor
Trusted by 1.5M+ developers. Used in 100M+ apps.
No matter the project, TinyMCE Java Swing works best
Available on Custom Plans
Java rich text editor is a
WYSIWYG HTML editor
Can be added to any kind of Java Swing project
The Java editor lets you build custom content creation and editing
experiences within your application.
Why use TinyMCE as
your Java rich text
Using our purpose-built Java Swing integration, take advantage of out-of-the-box features, or build your own content creation experience with virtually infinite customizations.
- Lightweight, fast, and easy to use
- Quick setup
- Stress-free maintenance and updates
- Actively maintained and improved
- Professional support
- Self-host or load from the Cloud
- Fully customizable UI
- Easy extensibility with 400+ APIs
- 50+ features for advanced content creation, collaboration and compliance
- Built-in support for saving images locally
- Support for using TinyMCE events in Java in a typesafe way
- Support for mapping cursor positions in plain text output to html
Trusted by developers
We went from a completely custom DraftJS (now Lexical) implementation to TinyMCE and did not lose any sleep over it.
I did a deep dive on this not long ago, TinyMCE is really the only one worth building with.
Thanks! I tried many other tools - all open-source and came to the conclusion that many people may disagree with.
I decided to go with TinyMCE not because it's open-source but because they have a commercial license what may mean they will fix bugs and add great features faster.
TinyMCE Java Swing
Our Java text editor is regularly updated and
Versions 5, 6
Versions 8, 10+
All the WYSIWYG
features users love
Supercharge your Java Swing text editor with
state-of-the-art editor functionality
- Cleanly copy-pastes content from Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Option to strip or preserve advanced formatting
- Underlying HTML code doesn't break
- 99.9% accuracy rate
Java HTML code editor
- Switch between editing rich text content and the underlying HTML with the click of a button
- Color syntax highlighting, search and replace, bracket matching, code folding, and multiple selections
- Allows developers and power users to jump in and edit the code behind the content
Java image editor
- Flip, rotate, crop, resize and apply filters within the editor
- Modify images to fit content without leaving the browser
- Replaces the need for other image editing software
Looking for projects thatAccess use-case specific starter configs
TinyMCE can be used for?
to kickstart your rich text editing project
What is the best rich text editor for Java?
TinyMCE is the best rich text editor for Java Swing in many cases because of integration ease, cross-platform compatibility, and built-in rich features that include advanced text formatting, image editing, tables, and more.
How to add WYSIWYG editor to Java?
In order to add a WYSIWYG editor to Java Swing, follow these steps:
- Install TinyMCE's Java Swing integration through Zip, and import all Java libraries.
- Add the editor to your view.
- Create a Java Swing GUI that includes the text area where the user will enter or edit the rich text content.
- Integrate TinyMCE editor with your Swing GUI.
- Configure the editor either by using its configuration API or by editing its configuration files.
Why should you choose TinyMCE Java rich text editor?
Fast and easy setup, a fully customizable UI, productivity, compliance and collaboration features, and a first-party Java Swing integration are all great reasons to choose TinyMCE as your Java rich text editor.
What is the price for TinyMCE Java WYSIWYG editor?
TinyMCE’s Java Swing framework integration is available under custom plans. Contact us for more information.
Does the TinyMCE Java rich text editor have copy and paste functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has a feature called PowerPaste, which retains formatting and cleans the HTML copied from Word, Excel and Google Docs with 99.9% accuracy.
Does the TinyMCE Java rich text editor have text formatting and styling functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has all of the features your users would expect from any word processor-type tool.
One of the most trusted and downloaded components for 20+ years
Easily integrates using 12+ frameworks and 400+ flexible APIs.
Cloud-based (free API key) or Self-hosted (download SDK) for use on-premise.
Full source code access for out-of-the-box, UI, or API customizations.
Need more ideas on adding rich text editing to your Java Swing project?
TinyMCE in numbers
Downloads every single year
Products powered by TinyMCE
Hits on our CDN per day
Commits on GitHub
Contributors on GitHub
Back To Top ↑