WordPress rich text editor is
a lightweight feature-rich
WYSIWYG HTML editor
Can be added to any kind of WordPress project
The WordPress editor lets you build custom content creation
and editing experiences within your application.
This plugin (Advanced Editor Tools) is provided and maintained by
a third-party developer.
Why use TinyMCE as
your WordPress HTML
Using our purpose-built WordPress integration, take advantage of out-of-the-box features, or build your own content creation experience with virtually infinite customizations.
- Lightweight, fast, and easy to use
- Quick setup the WordPress Plugin Directory
- Stress-free maintenance and updates
- Self-host or load from the Cloud
- Free editor core with premium upgrades
- Fully customizable UI
- 50+ plugins for advanced content creation, collaboration and compliance
- Easy extensibility with 400+ APIs
- Actively maintained and improved editor
- Community and professional support
WordPress TinyMCE third-party
Setup instructions:Get plugin
Trusted by developers
Thanks! I tried many other tools - all open-source and came to the conclusion that many people may disagree with.
I decided to go with TinyMCE not because it's open-source but because they have a commercial license what may mean they will fix bugs and add great features faster.
WYSIWYG WordPress TinyMCE
editor third-party plugin
All the WYSIWYG
features users love
Supercharge your WordPress text editor with
- Cleanly copy-pastes content from Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Option to strip or preserve advanced formatting
- Underlying HTML code doesn't break
- 99.9% accuracy rate
WordPress HTML code editor
- Switch between editing rich text content and the underlying HTML with the click of a button
- Color syntax highlighting, search and replace, bracket matching, code folding, and multiple selections
- Allows developers and power users to jump in and edit the code behind the content
WordPress sortable tables
- Advanced sorting and table functionality
- Looks and feels like the most popular spreadsheet tools
- Delivers familiarity combined with advanced features
Looking for projects thatAccess use-case specific starter configs
TinyMCE can be used for?
to kickstart your rich text editing project
Which rich text editor is best for WordPress?
When choosing an editor, check whether there is a WordPress plugin. This helps ensure an easy installation, future upgrades and compatibility with your project. TinyMCE has all of this.
How do I add a rich text editor to WordPress?
Install the third-party TinyMCE WordPress plugin through the WordPress Plugin Directory or Zip download.
Why should you choose TinyMCE WordPress rich text editor?
Fast and easy setup, a fully customizable UI, productivity, compliance and collaboration features, and a third-party WordPres plugin are all great reasons to choose TinyMCE as your WordPress rich text editor.
What is the price for TinyMCE WordPress WYSIWYG editor?
TinyMCE and the third-party WordPress plugin are 100% free under an open source license. Advanced features and support are available at an additional cost.
Does the TinyMCE WordPress rich text editor have copy and paste functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has a feature called PowerPaste, which retains formatting and cleans the HTML copied from Word, Excel and Google Docs with 99.9% accuracy.
Does the TinyMCE WordPress rich text editor have text formatting and styling functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has all of the features your users would expect from any word processor-type tool.
One of the most trusted and downloaded components for 20+ years
12+ frameworks and 400+ flexible APIs
Easily integrates into your tech stack and enhances your editing experience. 7 first-party and 5 third-party endorsed integrations that make development easier
Get TinyMCE two ways Cloud-based or Self-hosted
Get a Free API key to use TinyMCE from the Cloud or Download the SDK for use in your Self-Hosted application
Modify TinyMCE to suit custom use cases
Developers have full source code control for endless customizations
- UI customisation
- API customisation