WordPress rich text editor is
a lightweight feature-rich
WYSIWYG HTML editor
Can be added to any kind of WordPress project
The WordPress editor lets you build custom content creation
and editing experiences within your application.
This plugin (Advanced Editor Tools) is provided and maintained by
a third-party developer.
Why use TinyMCE as
your WordPress HTML
Using our purpose-built WordPress integration, take advantage of out-of-the-box features, or build your own content creation experience with virtually infinite customizations.
- Lightweight, fast, and easy to use
- Quick setup the WordPress Plugin Directory
- Stress-free maintenance and updates
- Self-host or load from the Cloud
- Free editor core with premium upgrades
- Fully customizable UI
- 50+ plugins for advanced content creation, collaboration and compliance
- Easy extensibility with 400+ APIs
- Actively maintained and improved editor
- Community and professional support
WordPress TinyMCE third-party
Setup instructions:Get plugin
Trusted by developers
Thanks! I tried many other tools - all open-source and came to the conclusion that many people may disagree with.
I decided to go with TinyMCE not because it's open-source but because they have a commercial license what may mean they will fix bugs and add great features faster.
WYSIWYG WordPress TinyMCE
editor third-party plugin
All the WYSIWYG
features users love
Supercharge your WordPress text editor with
- Cleanly copy-pastes content from Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Option to strip or preserve advanced formatting
- Underlying HTML code doesn't break
- 99.9% accuracy rate
WordPress HTML code editor
- Switch between editing rich text content and the underlying HTML with the click of a button
- Color syntax highlighting, search and replace, bracket matching, code folding, and multiple selections
- Allows developers and power users to jump in and edit the code behind the content
WordPress sortable tables
- Advanced sorting and table functionality
- Looks and feels like the most popular spreadsheet tools
- Delivers familiarity combined with advanced features
Looking for projects thatAccess use-case specific starter configs
TinyMCE can be used for?
to kickstart your rich text editing project
What is the best rich text editor for Wordpress?
TinyMCE is the best rich text editor that many Wordpress users use as a classic Wordpress editor. It provides a user-friendly interface with a familiar word processor-like experience that makes it easy to create and edit content. It offers a wide range of configuration options that allow you to customize its appearance and behavior.
How to add WYSIWYG editor to Wordpress?
Please follow these steps in order to add Wordpress WYSIWYG editor:
- Install the third-party TinyMCE WordPress plugin through the WordPress Plugin Directory or Zip download.
- Activate the TinyMCE plugin in your WordPress dashboard by going to "Plugins" and then clicking "Activate" next to the TinyMCE plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated, you will see a new menu item in your WordPress dashboard called "TinyMCE Advanced".
- Click on this menu item to configure the plugin settings.
- In the plugin settings, you can choose which buttons you want to display in the visual editor, reorder them, and customize their appearance.
- Save your settings and the changes will be applied to the visual editor.
Why should you choose TinyMCE WordPress rich text editor?
Fast and easy setup, a fully customizable UI, productivity, compliance and collaboration features, and a third-party WordPres plugin are all great reasons to choose TinyMCE as your WordPress rich text editor.
What is the price for TinyMCE WordPress WYSIWYG editor?
TinyMCE and the third-party WordPress plugin are 100% free under an open source license. Advanced features and support are available at an additional cost.
Does the TinyMCE WordPress rich text editor have copy and paste functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has a feature called PowerPaste, which retains formatting and cleans the HTML copied from Word, Excel and Google Docs with 99.9% accuracy.
Does the TinyMCE WordPress rich text editor have text formatting and styling functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has all of the features your users would expect from any word processor-type tool.
One of the most trusted and downloaded components for 20+ years
Easily integrates using 12+ frameworks and 400+ flexible APIs.
Cloud-based (free API key) or Self-hosted (download SDK) for use on-premise.
Full source code access for out-of-the-box, UI, or API customizations.
Need more ideas on adding rich text editing to your WordPress project?
TinyMCE in numbers
Downloads every single year
Products powered by TinyMCE
Hits on our CDN per day
Commits on GitHub
Contributors on GitHub
Back To Top ↑