The best WYSIWYG
Django rich text editor
Trusted by 1.5M developers. Used in 100M+ apps.
No matter the project, Django TinyMCE works best
Django rich text editor is
a lightweight feature-rich
WYSIWYG HTML editor
Can be added to any kind of Django project
The Django editor lets you build custom content creation
and editing experiences within your application.
This integration is provided and maintained by a third-party
Why use TinyMCE as
your Django rich text
Using our purpose-built Django integration, take advantage of out-of-the-box features, or build your own content creation experience with virtually infinite customizations.
- Lightweight, fast, and easy to use
- Quick setup with PyPI
- Self-host or load from the Cloud
- Stress-free maintenance and updates
- Free editor core with premium upgrades
- Fully customizable UI
- 50+ plugins for advanced content creation, collaboration and compliance
- Easy extensibility with 400+ APIs
- Actively maintained and improved editor
- Community and professional support
- Use as a form widget or with a view
- Enhanced support for content languages
- Enables predefined link and image lists for dialogs
- Support for django-staticfiles
- Integration with django-filebrowser
Django TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor third-
party integration docs
Setup instructions:Cloud CDN ZIP Package
Trusted by developers
✨ I found out ~50% of my support tickets on remoteok.com were about Markdown issues:
- non-tech people don't understand it
- format is inconsistent
- buggy if complex like * a list with **bold text**
So I now switched to TinyMCE which is HTML: tiny.cloud
We tried many other #tools and we finally decided to go with @tinymce, simply because you're the best.
I'm beginning to love @tinymce more and more. Been exploring its features since morning...
Thanks! I tried many other tools - all open-source and came to the conclusion that many people may disagree with.
I decided to go with TinyMCE not because it's open-source but because they have a commercial license what may mean they will fix bugs and add great features faster.
Django TinyMCE third-party
All the WYSIWYG
features users love
Supercharge your Django textareas with
- Cleanly copy-pastes content from Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Option to strip or preserve advanced formatting
- Underlying HTML code doesn't break
- 99.9% accuracy rate
Django HTML code editor
- Switch between editing rich text content and the underlying HTML with the click of a button
- Color syntax highlighting, search and replace, bracket matching, code folding, and multiple selections
- Allows developers and power users to jump in and edit the code behind the content
Django image editor
- Flip, rotate, crop, resize and apply filters within the editor
- Modify images to fit content without leaving the browser
- Replaces the need for other image editing software
Looking for projects thatAccess use-case specific starter configs
TinyMCE can be used for?
to kickstart your rich text editing project
What is the best rich text editor for Django?
TinyMCE is the best rich text editor of choice for many Django developers because it's a highly configurable editor with a wide range of features, including support for content languages, use as a form widget or with a view, and inline editing. TinyMCE has a Django integration package that simplifies setup and customization.
How to add WYSIWYG editor to Django?
In order to add WYSIWYG editor to Django, you basically need to perform the following steps.
- Install TinyMCE Django integration through PyPI using pip install.
- Configure the editor by adding the necessary settings to your project's settings file.
- Integrate the editor into your Django forms - you'll need to create a form field that uses the editor as its widget.
Why should you choose TinyMCE Django rich text editor?
Fast and easy setup, a fully customizable UI, productivity, compliance and collaboration features, and a third-party Django integration are all great reasons to choose TinyMCE as your Django rich text editor.
What is the price for TinyMCE Django WYSIWYG editor?
TinyMCE and the third-party Django framework integration are 100% free under an open source license. Advanced features and support are available at an additional cost.
Does the TinyMCE Django rich text editor have copy and paste functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has a feature called PowerPaste, which retains formatting and cleans the HTML copied from Word, Excel and Google Docs with 99.9% accuracy.
Does the TinyMCE Django rich text editor have text formatting and styling functionality?
Yes. TinyMCE has all of the features your users would expect from any word processor-type tool.
One of the most trusted and downloaded components for 20+ years
12+ frameworks and 400+ flexible APIs
Easily integrates into your tech stack and enhances your editing experience. 7 first-party and 5 third-party endorsed integrations that make development easier
Get TinyMCE two ways Cloud-based or Self-hosted
Get a Free API key to use TinyMCE from the Cloud or Download the SDK for use in your Self-Hosted application
Modify TinyMCE to suit custom use cases
Developers have full source code control for endless customizations
- UI customisation
- API customisation