Logo & Attribution Requirements
This page describes
- When the use of TinyMCE needs to be attributed to Tiny.
- How to attribute TinyMCE to Tiny.
If you are using TinyMCE on a paid tier of Tiny Cloud or have an active commercial license agreement, you are not required to include attribution.
Free Tiny Cloud users (Core plan)
Users on a free tier of Tiny Cloud are required by the Cloud Terms of Service to include attribution when TinyMCE is shown. We recommend including attribution as described below.
Self-hosted Open Source Users
While it is unclear under the MIT open source license to include attribution, we do encourage it. TinyMCE open source is provided free of charge, and is made possible by contributions of the community. The larger the community is, the better TinyMCE will become. Please consider including attribution.
Including Attribution with TinyMCE
The TinyMCE status bar provides the required attribution on the right-hand side.
The following example shows the status bar product attribution in the bottom, right-hand corner:
If the status bar is removed or not visible on the editor, you can include attribution per the following:
- “POWERED BY TINY” or the Tiny logo placed in a readily visible location in your application when the editor is loaded.
- The word “Tiny” or the Tiny logo should have a hyperlink to https://www.tiny.cloud.
The location of the product attribution is to be:
- In the right-hand corner of the status bar of the TinyMCE editor; or
- An alternate location adjacent to the TinyMCE editor that is no less prominent.
If you are still uncertain of your attribution requirements, reach out to us from our Contact us page https://www.tiny.cloud/contact.