At Tiny, we believe that software should be simple, reliable and affordable, and that some things should always be free.
Based on feedback from our community, we’ve decided to simplify the options and pricing plans you can choose from to get started with TinyMCE in your applications.
For the majority of use cases, where you need a reliable, fully-functional editor, the core TinyMCE editor remains completely free forever!
There are now four options you can choose from, with increasing levels of functionality and support, depending on your unique requirements. In this article, we’re going to talk through these options and what they mean for you.
Also check out the new pricing page which provides a comprehensive visual overview of all the options and terminology.
The always popular open source TinyMCE editor, known and loved by millions of developers and users worldwide.
Who is this for?
This plan is typically used when you need the reliability of a trusted solution, with the core features one would expect from a rich text editor. These features can be customized to cater for a wide variety of scenarios – for example, the simplicity of a comments field or the complexity of a CMS editor. At no cost! 😃 (Some editors come at a cost even for a basic set of features.)
- TinyMCE – the core, open source editor
- All core editor features – 44 community plugins, localized into 46 languages
- Unlimited cloud usage – there is no limit to the number of times the editor can be used in your applications
- Integration with your favorite frameworks – such as React, Angular, and Vue
Get started with the Community plan now and get a 30 day trial of the premium plugins too!
Also, remember, you can always go and grab the open source version at any time.
Cloud Essential plan
The core editor + productivity features.
Who is this for?
This plan is typically used when you need the core features provided by a trusted rich text editor, and you want to provide your users with additional premium tools that will enable them to further increase their productivity. Also, when you want to customize the design to match your UI and the most popular and trending UXs.
From US$25 per month
- Everything in the Community plan – TinyMCE and its core features
- Skins and Icon Packs – to match the editor with your UI and trending UXs
- +9 premium plugins – 9 premium plugins designed to increase productivity – PowerPaste, Advanced Code Editor, Enhanced Media Embed, Format Painter, Page Embed, Permanent Pen, Case Change, Checklist, Advanced Tables
- 2,500 editor loads per month – an editor load occurs each time TinyMCE is initialized in your application; we do not bill for usage over your limits, but you may need to upgrade your plan
- 2 x support tickets – personalized assistance through our dedicated support team
Get started with a 14 day trial of the Cloud Essential plan.
Cloud Professional plan
The core editor + productivity features + compliance features.
Who is this for?
This plan is typically used when you have an additional need for higher levels of consistency, compliance, and verification, or throughput.
From US$75 per month
- Everything in the Cloud Essential plan – TinyMCE and its core features, Skins and Icon Packs, +9 premium productivity plugins, 2 x support tickets
- +3 additional premium plugins – 3 premium plugins designed to assist you with your compliance goals – Spell Checker Pro, Link Checker, Accessibility Checker
- 10,000 editor loads per month
Get started with a 14 day trial of the Cloud Professional plan.
The core editor + productivity features + compliance features + collaboration features + unlimited support.
Who is this for?
This plan is typically used when you also want to incorporate Tiny’s team collaboration features or you otherwise need additional bandwidth or custom support.
- Premium plugins for collaboration – AtMention, Comments, Real-time collaboration (coming soon)
- Unlimited cloud usage – no limit to the number of times the editor can be used in your applications
- Unlimited premium support – e.g., phone support, customer success manager, invoice billing
- Hosted deployments – when running the editor directly from the cloud is not an option for you
- Custom licensing – to suit your business needs
Contact our sales team to get started.
How will these changes affect me?
If you are already on an existing plan, there is no change. You can go on using it as is.
But make sure you take the time to compare your current plan with the new options – in the majority of cases you’re going to get more value from the new plans. This is largely due to two factors:
- Editor loads – the number of editor loads included in the new plans
- SaaS/OEM licensing – the ability to onsell TinyMCE as part of your own solution at no extra cost
If you are currently using a single premium plugin, you could save anywhere from $5 to $150 per month. Or, if you are taking advantage of multiple premium plugins with the previous Tiny Pro Bundle, you could save anywhere from $55 to $525 per month.
Let’s look at some examples.
Milan uses a single premium plugin
Milan is using a single TinyMCE premium plugin – PowerPaste – and he needs up to 1,500 editor loads per month. Previously, he was paying $30/month. Now, with the new Cloud Essential plan, Milan can get all 9 of the premium productivity plugins and up to 2,500 loads for $25/month.
Katie uses multiple premium plugins
Katie is using three of our premium productivity plugins – PowerPaste, Advanced Code Editor, and Skins and Icon Packs – at 1,500 editor loads per month. Previously, she was paying $80/month. Now, with the new Cloud Essential plan, Katie can get all 9 of the premium productivity plugins (plus Skins and Icons Packs) and up to 2,500 loads for $25/month.