NOTE: TinyMCE 5 reached End of Support in April 2023. No more bug fixes, security updates, or new features will be introduced to TinyMCE 5. We recommend you upgrade to TinyMCE 6 or consider TinyMCE 5 Long Term Support (LTS) if you need more time.
Guide for setting up Tiny Drive with Dropbox.Contribute to this page
Tiny Drive enables you to import files from any Dropbox account if you set up the Dropbox integration by providing a Dropbox app key. When the user selects a file from Dropbox, it will instantly be uploaded or imported into the Tiny Drive storage so that it can be viewed online and shared through Tiny Drive.
A valid Dropbox user account is required for integrating Dropbox with Tiny Drive. Refer to this link for more information on creating a Dropbox user account.
You can get Dropbox integration up and running by following the steps below.
- Open the Create app page.
- Select the
Choose an API.
Full Dropboxfrom the
Choose the type of access you need.
- Name your app with something company unique
- Copy the key from
App keythis will then be used as the key for the tinydrive_dropbox_app_key.
- Configure the domains that are serving your application in
You configure the Dropbox API key by setting the tinydrive_dropbox_app_key like in the example below.
selector: 'textarea', // change this value according to your HTML
tinydrive_dropbox_app_key: '<your dropbox app key>'
For more information on other Tiny Drive config options refer to the configuration section of this document.
- From the TinyMCE user interface, click on the button to access the Tiny Drive user interface.
- Click on the button to select Dropbox from the list of storages.
- Select the file to upload/import from Dropbox by clicking on the radio button next to it and click the Choose button to upload or Cancel to abort the operation.
- Alternatively, files from your local browser can be uploaded to the Dropbox by clicking on the Upload files option and selecting the files to upload.
Result: You should be able to view the selected files in your Tiny Drive storage.
Read more about more Dropbox options here.
Here is an interactive example of Dropbox-enabled on Tiny Drive.
Thanks for the feedback!
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know.