Introduction to Tiny Comments
Tiny Comments provides the ability to add comments to the content and collaborate with other users for content editing.Contribute to this page
- For help using comments in TinyMCE, see: Using comments.
- For an overview of the TinyMCE Comments plugin, see: Overview.
- For information on adding and configuring the comments plugin for TinyMCE, see: Getting started with the Comments plugin - Selecting a mode.
Note: This plugin is only available for paid TinyMCE subscriptions.
The Comments plugin provides the ability to start or join a conversation by adding comments to the content within the TinyMCE editor.
The Comments plugin provides:
- A user interface to collaborate on content by creating and replying to comments.
- A way to control the delete and resolve operations on a comment or comment thread.
The Comments plugin allows the user to perform the following functions:
- Create a comment
- Edit a comment
- Reply to a comment
- Lookup a comment
- Resolve a comment thread
- Delete a comment or comment thread
The following example shows how to configure the Comments plugin in embedded mode. For information on configuring the Comments plugin, see: Comments plugin Modes.
The Comments plugin is available in two modes: Callback mode and Embedded mode.
- Callback Mode
- This is the default mode for the Comments plugin. This mode is used to store the comments outside the content on a server, such as a database. This mode requires a number of callback functions to handle comment data.
- For instructions on configuring the Comments plugin in callback mode, see: Configuring the Comments plugin in callback mode
- Embedded Mode
- This mode stores the comments within the content. No callbacks need to be configured for this mode.
- For instructions on configuring the Comments plugin in embedded mode, see: Configuring the Comments plugin Comments in embedded mode
Thanks for the feedback!
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know.