- added links and registered names with * to denote premium plugins in Plugins tab of Help dialog.
- fixed an issue where tab panel heights weren’t sizing properly on smaller screens and weren’t updating on resize.
- Changed Tiny 5 mobile skin to look more uniform with desktop.
- fixed image tools not having any padding between the label and slider.
- fixed Blacklisted table, th and td as inline editor target.
- fixed context toolbar toggle buttons not showing the correct state.
- fixed missing separators in the spellchecker context menu between the suggestions and actions.
- fixed notification icon positioning in alert banners.
- fixed a typo in the word count plugin name.
- fixed charmap and emoticons dialogs not having a primary button.
- removed unnecessary ‘flex’ and unused ‘colspan’ properties from the new dialog APIs.
- added screen reader accessibility for sidebar and statusbar.
- Updated Emoticons and Charmap dialogs to be screen reader accessible.
- Updated the textpattern plugin to properly support nested patterns and to allow running a command with a value for a pattern with a start and an end.
- Changed checkboxes to use a boolean for its state, instead of a string.
- Changed formatting menus so they are registered and made the align toolbar button use an icon instead of text.
- fixed the link dialog such that it will now retain class attributes when updating links.
- fixed “Find and replace” not showing in the “Edit” menu by default.
- fixed dropdown buttons missing the ‘type’ attribute, which could cause forms to be incorrectly submitted.
- fixed emoticon and charmap search not returning expected results in certain cases.
- fixed blank rel_list values throwing an exception in the link plugin.
- added editor settings functionality to specify title attributes for toolbar groups.
- added icons instead of button text to improve Search and Replace dialog footer appearance.
mce-table-stripedclass to enhance Help dialog appearance.
- added title attribute to iframes so, screen readers can announce iframe labels.
- added a wordcount menu item, that defaults to appearing in the tools menu.
- Updated the font select dropdown logic to try to detect the system font stack and show “System Font” as the font name.
- Updated the autocompleter to only show when it has matched items.
- Updated SizeInput labels to “Height” and “Width” instead of Dimensions.
- Updated the build process to minify and generate ASCII only output for the emoticons database.
- fixed readonly mode not fully disabling editing content.
- fixed accessibility issues with the font select, font size, style select and format select toolbar dropdowns.
- fixed accessibility issues with split dropdowns.
- fixed the legacyoutput plugin to be compatible with TinyMCE 5.0.
- fixed icons not showing correctly in the autocompleter popup.
- fixed an issue where preview wouldn’t show anything in Edge under certain circumstances.
- fixed the height being incorrectly calculated for the autoresize plugin.
- removed compat3x plugin.
- added a new
addNestedMenuItem()UI registry function and changed all nested menu items to use the new registry functions.
- added title attribute to color swatch colors.
- added anchorbar component to anchor inline toolbar dialogs to instead of the toolbar.
- added support for toolbar
and toolbar array config options to be squashed into a single toolbar and not create multiple toolbars.
- added error handling for when forced_root_block config option is set to true.
- added functionality for the removed_menuitems config option.
- added the ability to use a string to reference menu items in menu buttons and submenu items.
- Changed the name of the “inlite” plugin to “quickbars”.
- Changed the background color icon to highlight background icon.
- Changed Help dialog to be accessible to screen readers.
- Changed the color swatch to save selected custom colors to local storage for use across sessions.
WindowManagerAPI - methods
getWindows, and the legacy
windowsproperty, have been removed.
confirmdialogs are no longer tracked in the window list.
- fixed an inline mode issue where the save plugin upon saving can cause content loss.
- fixed an issue in IE 11 where calling selection.getContent() would return an empty string when the editor didn’t have focus.
- removed the tox-custom-editor class that was added to the wrapping element of codemirror.
- added width and height placeholder text to image and media dialog dimensions input.
- added the ability to keyboard navigate through menus, toolbars, sidebar and the status bar sequentially.
- added translation capability back to the editor’s UI.
labelcomponent type for dialogs to group components under a label
- Changed the editor resize handle so that it should be disabled when the autoresize plugin is turned on.
- Changed UI text for microcopy improvements.
- fixed distraction free plugin.
- fixed contents of the input field being selected on focus instead of just recieving an outline highlight.
- fixed styling issues with dialogs and menus in IE 11.
- fixed custom style format control not honoring custom formats.
- fixed context menu not appearing when clicking an image with a caption.
- fixed directionality of UI when using an RTL language.
- fixed page responsiveness with multiple inline editors.
- fixed empty toolbar groups appearing through invalid configuration of the
- fixed text not being retained when updating links through the link dialog.
- fixed edit image context menu, context toolbar and toolbar items being incorrectly enabled when selecting invalid images.
- fixed emoji type ahead being shown when typing URLs.
- fixed toolbar configuration properties incorrectly expecting string arrays instead of strings.
- fixed the block formatting toolbar item not showing a “Formatting” title when there is no selection.
- fixed clicking disabled toolbar buttons hiding the toolbar in inline mode.
EditorResizeevent not being fired upon editor resize.
- fixed tables losing styles when updating through the dialog.
- fixed context toolbar positioning to be more consistent near the edges of the editor.
- fixed table of contents plugin now works with v5 toolbar APIs correctly.
- fixed the
link_context_toolbarconfiguration not disabling the context toolbar.
- fixed the link context toolbar showing incorrect relative links.
- fixed the alignment of the icon in alert banner dialog components.
- fixed the visual blocks and visual char menu options not displaying their toggled state.
- fixed the editor not displaying as fullscreen when toggled.
- Changed editor layout to use modern CSS properties over manually calculating dimensions.
Whole wordlabel in Search and Replace dialog to
Find whole words only.
- fixed bugs with editor width jumping when resizing and the iframe not resizing to smaller than 150px in height.
- fixed mobile theme bug that prevented the editor from loading.
- fixed long toolbar groups extending outside of the editor instead of wrapping
- fixed dialog titles so they are now proper case.
- fixed color picker default to be #000000 instead of #ff00ff.
- fixed “match case” option on the Find and Replace dialog is no longer selected by default.
- fixed vertical alignment of toolbar icons #DES-134
- fixed toolbar icons not appearing on IE11 #DES-133
colorpickerplugin, it is now in the theme.
textcolorplugin, it is now in the theme.
- added swatch is now shown for colorinput fields, instead of the colorpicker directly.
- added fontformats and fontsizes menu items.
- Changed configuration of color options has been simplified to
heightconfiguration to apply to the editor frame (including menubar, toolbar, status bar) instead of the content area.
- fixed styleselect not updating the displayed item as the cursor moved.
- fixed preview iframe not expanding to the dialog size.
- fixed ‘meta’ shortcuts not translated into platform-specific text.
- fixed tabbed dialogs (Charmap and Emoticons) shrinking when no search results returned
- fixed a bug where alert banner icons were not retrieved from icon pack..
- fixed component styles to flex so they fill large dialogs..
- fixed editor flashing unstyled during load (still in progress)..
- Developer preview 1
Thanks for the feedback!
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know.