The history of TinyMCE releases.Contribute to this page
- fixed font formats containing spaces being wrapped in
"entities instead of single quotes.
- fixed alert and confirm dialogs losing focus when clicked.
- fixed clicking outside a modal dialog focusing on the document body.
- fixed the context toolbar not hiding when scrolled out of view.
- added touch selector handles for table selections on touch devices.
- added border width field to Table Cell dialog.
- added touch event listener to media plugin to make embeds playable.
- added oxide styling options to notifications and tweaked the default variables.
- added additional padding to split button chevrons on touch devices, to make them easier to interact with.
- added new platform detection functions to
Envand deprecated older detection properties.
inputModeconfig field to specify inputmode attribute of
- added new
inputModeproperty to relevant plugins/dialogs.
- added new
toolbar_stickysetting to allow the iframe menubar/toolbar to stick to the top of the window when scrolling.
- changed default setting for
- changed mobile phones to use the
silvertheme by default.
changed some editor settings to default to
falseon touch devices:
- changed toolbars and context toolbars to sidescroll on mobile.
- changed context menus to render as horizontal menus on touch devices.
- changed the editor to use the
VisualViewportAPI of the browser where possible.
- changed visualblocks toolbar button icon and renamed
- changed Oxide default for
@toolbar-button-chevron-colorto follow toolbar button icon color.
- changed the
urlinputdialog component to use the
- fixed Safari desktop visual viewport fires resize on fullscreen breaking the restore function.
- fixed scroll issues on mobile devices.
- fixed context toolbar unable to refresh position on iOS12.
- fixed ctrl+left click not opening links on readonly mode and the preview dialog.
- fixed Slider UI component not firing
onChangeevent on touch devices.
- fixed notifications overlapping instead of stacking.
- fixed inline dialogs positioning incorrectly when the page is scrolled.
- fixed inline dialogs and menus not repositioning when resizing.
- fixed inline toolbar incorrectly stretching to the full width when a width value was provided.
- fixed menu chevrons color to follow the menu text color.
- fixed table menu selection grid from staying black when using dark skins, now follows border color.
- fixed Oxide using the wrong text color variable for menubar button focused state.
- fixed the autoresize plugin not keeping the selection in view when resizing.
- fixed textpattern plugin throwing exceptions when using
- fixed missing CSS fill styles for toolbar button icon active state.
- fixed an issue where the editor selection could end up inside a short ended element (such as
- fixed browser selection being lost in inline mode when opening split dropdowns.
- fixed backspace throwing an exception when using
- fixed floating toolbar drawer expanding outside the bounds of the editor.
- fixed the autocompleter not activating immediately after a
- fixed an issue where the autocompleter would incorrectly close on IE 11 in certain edge cases.
- added new
referrer_policysetting to add the
referrerpolicyattribute when loading scripts or stylesheets.
- added a slight background color to dialog tab links when focused to aid keyboard navigation.
- fixed media poster value not updating on change.
openlinkwas not registered as a toolbar button.
- fixed failing to initialize if a script tag was used inside a SVG.
- fixed double top border showing on toolbar without menubar when
- fixed unable to drag inline dialogs to the bottom of the screen when scrolled.
- fixed notifications appearing on top of the toolbar when scrolled in inline mode.
- fixed notifications displaying incorrectly on IE 11.
- added a dark
content_cssskin to go with the dark UI skin.
- changed the enabled state on toolbar buttons so they don’t get the hover effect.
- fixed missing CSS active state on toolbar buttons.
onChangecallback not firing for the colorinput dialog component.
- fixed context toolbars not showing in fullscreen mode.
- added an API to reload the autocompleter menu with additional fetch metadata.
- fixed missing toolbar button border styling options.
- fixed image upload progress notification closing before the upload is complete.
- fixed inline dialogs not closing on escape when no dialog component is in focus.
- fixed plugins not being filtered when defaulting to mobile on phones.
- fixed toolbar more drawer showing the content behind it when transitioning between opened and closed states.
- fixed focus not returning to the dialog after pressing the “Replace all” button in the search and replace dialog.
- removed Oxide variable
@menubar-select-disabled-border-colorand replaced it with
- changed modal dialogs to prevent dragging by default and added new
draggable_modalsetting to restore dragging.
- changed the nonbreaking plugin to insert nbsp characters wrapped in spans to aid in filtering. This can be disabled using the
- changed backspace behaviour in lists to outdent nested list items when the cursor is at the start of the list item.
- fixed sidebar growing beyond editor bounds in IE 11.
- fixed issue with being unable to keyboard navigate disabled toolbar buttons.
- fixed issues with backspace and delete in nested contenteditable true and false elements.
- fixed issue with losing keyboard navigation in dialogs due to disabled buttons.
- fixed MouseEvent.mozPressure is deprecated warning in Firefox.
default_link_targetnot being respected when
- fixed mobile plugin filter to only apply to the mobile theme, rather than all mobile platforms.
- fixed focus switching to another editor during mode changes.
- fixed an exception being thrown when clicking on an uninitialized inline editor.
- fixed unable to keyboard navigate to dialog menu buttons.
- fixed dialogs being able to be dragged outside the window viewport.
- fixed inline dialogs appearing above modal dialogs.
- added ability to utilize UI dialog panels inside other panels.
- added help dialog tab explaining keyboard navigation of the editor.
- changed the “Find and Replace” design to an inline dialog.
- fixed issue where autolink spacebar event was not being fired on Edge.
- fixed table selection missing the background color.
- fixed removing shortcuts not working for function keys.
- fixed non-descriptive UI component type names.
- fixed UI registry components rendering as the wrong type when manually specifying a different type.
- fixed an issue where dialog checkbox, input, selectbox, textarea and urlinput components couldn’t be disabled.
- fixed the context toolbar not using viable screen space in inline/distraction free mode.
- fixed the context toolbar overlapping the toolbar in various conditions.
- fixed IE11 edge case where items were being inserted into the wrong location.
- fixed packaging errors caused by a rollup treeshaking bug.
- fixed the customeditor component not able to get data from the dialog api.
- fixed collection component tooltips not being translated.
- added support for all HTML color formats in
- changed backspace key handling to outdent content in appropriate circumstances.
- changed default palette for forecolor and backcolor to include some lighter colors suitable for highlights.
- changed the search and replace plugin to cycle through results.
- fixed inconsistent types causing some properties to be unable to be used in dialog components.
- fixed an issue in the Oxide skin where dialog content like outlines and shadows were clipped because of overflow hidden.
- fixed the search and replace plugin not resetting state when changing the search query.
- fixed backspace in lists not creating an undo level.
- fixed the editor to cancel loading in quirks mode where the UI is not supported.
- fixed applying fonts not working when the name contained spaces and numbers.
- fixed so that initial content is retained when initializing on list items.
- fixed inefficient font name and font size current value lookup during rendering.
- fixed mobile font copied into the wrong folder for the oxide-dark skin.
- fixed an issue where resizing the width of tables would produce inaccurate results.
- fixed a memory leak in the Silver theme.
- fixed alert and confirm dialogs using incorrect markup causing inconsistent padding.
- fixed an issue in the Table plugin with
table_responsive_widthnot enforcing units when resizing.
- fixed leading, trailing and sequential spaces being lost when pasting plain text.
- fixed exception being thrown when creating relative URIs.
- fixed focus is no longer set to the editor content during mode changes unless the editor already had focus.
- fixed print plugin not working in Firefox.
- added back support for multiple toolbars.
- added support for .m4a files to the media plugin.
- added new
suffixeditor init options.
- fixed incorrect padding for select boxes with visible values.
- fixed selection incorrectly changing when programmatically setting selection on contenteditable false elements.
- fixed sidebar background being transparent.
- fixed the build to remove duplicate iife wrappers.
- fixed bogus autocompleter span appearing in content when the autocompleter menu is shown.
- fixed toolbar font size select not working with legacyoutput plugin.
- fixed the legacyoutput plugin incorrectly aligning images.
- fixed remove color not working when using the legacyoutput plugin.
- fixed the font size menu applying incorrect sizes when using the legacyoutput plugin.
- fixed scrollIntoView not working when the parent window was out of view.
- fixed the print plugin printing from the wrong window in IE11.
- fixed content CSS loaded over CORS not loading in the preview plugin with content_css_cors enabled.
- fixed the link plugin missing the default “None” option for link list.
- fixed small dot visible with menubar and toolbar disabled in inline mode.
- fixed space key properly inserts a nbsp before/after block elements.
- fixed native context menu not showing with images in IE11.
- fixed inconsistent browser context menu image selection.
- added new toolbar button and menu item for inserting tables via dialog.
- added new API for adding/removing/changing tabs in the Help dialog.
- added highlighting of matched text in autocompleter items.
- added the ability for autocompleters to work with matches that include spaces.
- added new
imagetools_fetch_imagecallback to allow custom implementations for cors loading of images.
https://prefixes when URL does not contain a protocol prefix. Patch contributed by francoisfreitag.
- changed annotations navigation to work the same as inline boundaries.
- changed tabpanel API by adding a
namefield and changing relevant methods to use it.
- fixed text color not updating all color buttons when choosing a color.
- fixed the autocompleter not working with fragmented text.
- fixed the autosave plugin no longer overwrites window.onbeforeunload.
- fixed infinite loop in the paste plugin when IE11 takes a long time to process paste events. Patch contributed by lRawd.
- fixed image handle locations when using
fixed_toolbar_container. Patch contributed by t00.
- fixed the autoresize plugin not firing
- fixed editor in fullscreen mode not extending to the bottom of the screen.
- fixed list removal when pressing backspace after the start of the list item.
- fixed autocomplete not triggering from compositionend events.
file_picker_callbackcould not set the caption field on the insert image dialog.
- fixed the autocompleter menu showing up after a selection had been made.
- fixed an exception being thrown when a file or number input has focus during initialization. Patch contributed by t00.
icons_urleditor settings to enable icon packs to be loaded from a custom url.
image_uploadtabeditor setting to control the visibility of the upload tab in the image dialog.
- added new api endpoints to the wordcount plugin and improved character count logic.
- changed plugin, language and icon loading errors to log in the console instead of a notification.
- fixed the textpattern plugin not working with fragmented text.
- fixed various toolbar drawer accessibility issues and added an animation.
- fixed issues with selection and ui components when toggling readonly mode.
- fixed so readonly mode works with inline editors.
- fixed docked inline toolbar positioning when scrolled.
- fixed initial value not being set on bespoke select in quickbars and toolbar drawer.
- fixed so that nbsp entities aren’t trimmed in white-space: pre-line elements.
mceInsertLinkcommand inserting spaces instead of url encoded characters.
- fixed text content floating on top of dialogs in IE11.
- added menu items to match the forecolor/backcolor toolbar buttons.
- added default directionality based on the configured language.
- added styles, icons, and tests for RTL mode.
- fixed autoresize not working with floating elements or when media elements finished loading.
- fixed incorrect vertical caret positioning in IE 11.
- fixed submenu anchoring hiding overflowed content.
- removed unused and hidden validation icons to avoid displaying phantom tooltips.
- added back URL dialog functionality, which is now available via
- added the missing throbber functionality when calling
- added function to reset the editor content and
- added the ability to set menu buttons as
editor.modeAPI, featuring a custom editor mode API.
- added better styling to
- added the new premium plugins to the Help dialog plugins tab.
- added the linkchecker context menu items to the default configuration.
- fixed image context menu items showing on placeholder images.
- fixed dialog labels and text color contrast within notifications/alert banners to satisfy WCAG 4.5:1 contrast ratio for accessibility.
- fixed the
colorpickeritems not being translated.
- fixed toolbar drawer
slidingmode to correctly focus the editor when tabbing via keyboard navigation.
- fixed positioning of the styleselect menu in iOS while using the mobile theme.
- fixed the
onSetupcallback to be correctly executed when rendering the menu buttons.
default_link_targetsetting to be correctly utilized when creating a link.
colorpickerfloating marginally outside its container.
disabledmenu items displaying as
- removed redundant mobile wrapper.
- changed empty nested-menu items within the style formats menu to be disabled or hidden if the value of
- changed the entire phrase ‘Powered by Tiny’ in the status bar to be a link instead of just the word ‘Tiny’.
alignmenus to use the
- fixed toolbar keyboard navigation to work as expected when
- fixed text direction buttons to display the correct pressed state in selections that have no explicit
- fixed the mobile editor to clean up properly when removed.
- fixed quickbar toolbars to add an empty box to the screen when it is set to
- fixed an issue where pressing the Delete/Backspace key at the edge of tables was creating incorrect selections.
- fixed an issue where dialog collection items (emoticon and special character dialogs) couldn’t be selected with touch devices.
- fixed a type error introduced in TinyMCE version 5.0.2 when calling
editor.getContent()with nested bookmarks.
- fixed an issue that prevented default icons from being overridden.
- fixed an issue where Home/End keys wouldn’t move the caret correctly before or after
- fixed styles to be preserved in IE 11 when editing via the
- fixed the
linkplugin context toolbar missing the open link button.
- fixed inconsistent dialog component spacing.
- added presentation and document presets to
- added missing
fixed_toolbar_containersetting that has been reimplemented in the Silver theme.
- added a new toolbar setting
toolbar_drawerthat moves toolbar groups which overflow the editor width into either a sliding or floating toolbar section.
- changed the build process to include package lock files in the dev distribution archive.
- fixed inline dialogs that did not have aria attributes.
- fixed the UI registry to include default icons to enhance flexibility and allow use outside of toolbar buttons.
- fixed a memory leak related to select toolbar items.
- fixed a memory leak due to format changed listeners that were never unbound.
- fixed an issue where content may have been lost when using permanent bookmarks.
- fixed the
quicklinktoolbar button not rendering in the
- fixed an issue where menus were generating invalid HTML in some cases.
- fixed an issue that could cause the mobile theme to show a blank white screen when the editor was inside an
- fixed mobile theme using a transparent background and not taking up the full width on iOS.
- fixed the template plugin dialog missing the
- fixed input dialog components using an invalid default
- fixed an issue where pressing the Backspace/Delete keys before or after page break elements wouldn’t move the caret.
- fixed an issue in the table plugin where menu items and toolbar buttons weren’t showing correctly based on the selection.
- fixed inconsistent button focus styles in Firefox.
- fixed the resize icon floating left when all status bar elements were disabled.
- fixed the resize handle to not show in fullscreen mode.
- added H1-H6 toggle button registration to the silver theme.
- added code sample toolbar button will now toggle on when the cursor is in a code section.
- added new settings to the emoticons plugin to allow additional emoticons to be added.
- fixed an issue where adding links to images would replace the image with text.
- fixed an issue where the inline editor could use fractional pixels for positioning.
- fixed an issue where uploading non-image files in the Image Plugin upload tab threw an error.
- fixed an issue in the media plugin that was causing the source URL and height/width to be lost in certain circumstances.
- fixed an issue with the Context Toolbar not being removed when clicking outside of the editor.
- fixed an issue where clicking ‘Remove link’ wouldn’t remove the link in certain circumstances.
- fixed an issue where the media plugin would fail when parsing dialog data.
- fixed an issue where retrieving the selected content as text didn’t create new lines.
- fixed incorrect keyboard shortcuts in the Help dialog for Windows.
- fixed an issue where JSON serialization could produce invalid JSON.
- fixed production CSS including references to source maps.
- fixed development CSS was not included in the development zip.
- fixed the
autocompletermatches predicate not matching on the start of words by default.
- fixed an issue where the page could be scrolled with modal dialogs open.
- fixed an issue where autocomplete menus would show an icon margin when no items had icons.
- fixed an issue in the
quickbarsplugin where images incorrectly showed the text selection toolbar.
- fixed an issue that caused the inline editor to fail to render when the target element already had focus.
- removed paste as text notification banner and
- added links and registered names with
*to denote premium plugins in Plugins tab of Help dialog.
- changed TinyMCE 5 mobile skin to look more uniform with the desktop.
- fixed an issue where tab panel heights weren’t sizing properly on smaller screens and weren’t updating on resize.
- fixed an issue where tab panel heights weren’t sizing properly on smaller screens and weren’t updating on resize.
- fixed image tools not having any padding between the label and slider.
- fixed Blacklisted table,
tdas inline editor target.
- fixed context toolbar toggle buttons not showing the correct state.
- fixed missing separators in the spellchecker context menu between the suggestions and actions.
- fixed notification icon positioning in alert banners.
- fixed a typo in the word count plugin name.
charmapand emoticons dialogs not having a primary button.
- fixed an issue where resizing wouldn’t work correctly depending on the box-sizing model.
- added screen reader accessibility for sidebar and status bar.
- changed Emoticons and Charmap dialogs to be screen reader accessible.
- changed the
textpatternplugin to support nested patterns properly and to allow running a command with a value for a pattern with a start and an end.
- changed checkboxes to use a boolean for its state, instead of a string.
- changed formatting menus, so they are registered and made the align toolbar button use an icon instead of text.
- fixed the link dialog such that it will now retain class attributes when updating links.
- fixed “Find and replace” not showing in the “Edit” menu by default.
- fixed dropdown buttons missing the ‘type’ attribute, which could cause forms to be incorrectly submitted.
charmapsearch not returning expected results in certain cases.
- fixed blank rel_list values throwing an exception in the link plugin.
- removed unnecessary ‘flex’ and unused ‘colspan’ properties from the new dialog APIs.
- added editor settings functionality to specify title attributes for toolbar groups.
- added icons instead of button text to improve Search and Replace dialog footer appearance.
mce-table-stripedclass to enhance Help dialog appearance.
- added title attribute to iframes so, screen readers can announce iframe labels.
- added a wordcount menu item, that defaults to appearing in the tools menu.
- changed the
autocompleterto only show when it has matched items.
- changed SizeInput labels to Height and Width instead of Dimensions.
- changed the build process to minify and generate ASCII only output for the emoticons database.
- changed the font select dropdown logic to try to detect the system font stack and show “System Font” as the font name.
- fixed read-only mode not fully disabling editing content.
- fixed accessibility issues with the font select, font size, style select, and format select toolbar dropdowns.
- fixed accessibility issues with split dropdowns.
- fixed the
legacyoutputplugin to be compatible with TinyMCE 5.0.
- fixed icons not showing correctly in the
- fixed an issue where preview wouldn’t show anything in Edge under certain circumstances.
- fixed the height being incorrectly calculated for the
- added a new
addNestedMenuItem()UI registry function and changed all nested menu items to use the new registry functions.
titleattribute to color swatch colors.
anchorbarcomponent to anchor inline toolbar dialogs to instead of the toolbar.
- added support for **toolbar
** and **toolbar array** config options to be squashed into a single toolbar and not create multiple toolbars.
- added error handling for when
forced_root_blockconfig option is set to
- added functionality for the
- added the ability to use a string to reference menu items in menu buttons and submenu items.
- changed the name of the “inlite” plugin to “quickbars”.
- changed the background color icon to highlight background icon.
- changed Help dialog to be accessible to screen readers.
- changed the color swatch to save selected custom colors to local storage for use across sessions.
WindowManagerAPI - methods
getWindows, and the legacy
windowsproperty, have been removed.
confirmdialogs are no longer tracked in the window list.
- fixed an inline mode issue where the save plugin upon saving can cause content loss.
- fixed an issue in IE 11 where calling
selection.getContent()would return an empty string when the editor didn’t have focus.
- removed compat3x plugin.
- added width and height placeholder text to image and media dialog dimensions input.
- added the ability to keyboard navigate through menus, toolbars, sidebar and the status bar sequentially.
- added translation capability back to the editor’s UI.
labelcomponent type for dialogs to group components under a label.
- changed the editor resize handle so that it should be disabled when the
autoresizeplugin is turned on.
- changed UI text for microcopy improvements.
- fixed distraction free plugin.
- fixed contents of the input field selected on focus instead of just receiving an outline highlight.
- fixed styling issues with dialogs and menus in IE 11.
- fixed custom style format control not honoring custom formats.
- fixed context menu not appearing when clicking an image with a caption.
- fixed directionality of UI when using an RTL language.
- fixed page responsiveness with multiple inline editors.
- fixed empty toolbar groups appearing through an invalid configuration of the
- fixed text not being retained when updating links through the link dialog.
- fixed edit image context menu, context toolbar, and toolbar items being incorrectly enabled when selecting invalid images.
- fixed emoji type ahead being shown when typing URLs.
- fixed toolbar configuration properties incorrectly expecting string arrays instead of strings.
- fixed the block formatting toolbar item not showing a “Formatting” title when there is no selection.
- fixed clicking disabled toolbar buttons hiding the toolbar in inline mode.
EditorResizeevent not being fired upon editor resize.
- fixed tables losing styles when updating through the dialog.
- fixed context toolbar positioning to be more consistent near the edges of the editor.
- fixed table of contents plugin now works with v5 toolbar APIs correctly.
- fixed the
link_context_toolbarconfiguration not disabling the context toolbar.
- fixed the link context toolbar showing incorrect relative links.
- fixed the alignment of the icon in alert banner dialog components.
- fixed the visual blocks and visual char menu options not displaying their toggled state.
- fixed the editor not displaying as fullscreen when toggled.
- removed the tox-custom-editor class that was added to the wrapping element of codemirror.
- changed editor layout to use modern CSS properties over manually calculating dimensions.
Whole wordlabel in Search and Replace dialog to
Find whole words only.
- fixed bugs with editor width jumping when resizing and the iframe not resizing to smaller than
- fixed mobile theme bug that prevented the editor from loading.
- fixed long toolbar groups extending outside of the editor instead of wrapping.
- fixed dialog titles so they are now the proper case.
- fixed color picker default to be
- fixed “match case” option on the Find and Replace dialog is no longer selected by default.
- fixed vertical alignment of toolbar icons.
- fixed toolbar icons not appearing on IE11.
- added swatch is now shown for
colorinputfields, instead of the
- changed configuration of color options has been simplified to
heightconfiguration to apply to the editor frame (including menubar, toolbar, status bar) instead of the content area.
styleselectnot updating the displayed item as the cursor moved.
- fixed preview iframe not expanding to the dialog size.
- fixed ‘meta’ shortcuts not translated into platform-specific text.
- fixed tabbed dialogs (Charmap and Emoticons) shrinking when no search results returned.
- fixed a bug where alert banner icons were not retrieved from icon pack.
- fixed component styles to flex, so they fill large dialogs.
- fixed editor flashing unstyled during load (still in progress).
colorpickerplugin, it is now in the theme.
textcolorplugin, it is now in the theme.
- Developer preview 1
Thanks for the feedback!
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us know.